Video Problems

First off, I just joined the list (Hi all) and I did search but found nothing that seemed related to my problem.

I just installed FC3 and I'm having a couple of video related problems.

First, In X, I can't see my mouse. It's there, and I can enable cursor locating with hitting CTRL and find where it's supposed to be. If I start X from INIT 3, I have a mouse visible until the splash screen loads (Default 'X' of grey background). Also, it will *sometimes* appear as I go over the left or right eddges of windows (resize arrow flashes).

Second, if I go to a VC, the video is garbage. Vertical lines, looks rather like the display on a bad card, except if I log in (user/pass) or exit and relog if I was already in, it restores normal video. More irritating than a real problem tho.

Third, when X loads, I'm not getting the Nvidia logo. The monitor resyncs, and I get a screen of whatever was last in memory, and then it syncs into X. I'm assuming this is kinda related to the other two problems.

I'm on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo (Single video card mode) with a eVga 6600GT PCIe x16 vid card. Using the 6629 Nvidia drivers (kinda have to as this is the one that adds support for the 6600 series chips).

I've tried different screen resolutions, and disabling GPM, didn't seem to make any difference. Also tried playing with HW and SW cursor settings.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)