Linux Home Server HOWTO - Open For Review

G'day All,

For the last 7 or so weeks I have been drafting a "Linux Home Server HOWTO", which I plan to submit to TLDP within the next few weeks (all going well).

The first 18 (of 20) chapters have currently reached draft status, and I anticipate completing the last two chapters shortly (I need the sleep). I would like to take this opportunity to invite any interested users to view the document before its submission.

It is being written as a "high level" document which contains "Step-by-Step" details covering most of the services and applications that would be expected in a typical home networked environment. I have avoided where possible any indepth technical details, preferring to concentrate on configuration files, options and explanations that would allow quick installation for the newer Linux user.

The development base for the documention is the Fedora Core 3 distribution, which means that all of the configuration examples and settings currently documented are perfectly suited to any user of FC3, although the document is generally distribution generic.

I appreciate any feedback/comments on the document, particularly if the concepts are easy (or hard) to read/understand for the newer members of the community.

The HOWTO is currently located at: http://www.brennan.id.au

Regards,

Miles Brennan.