apm vs. acpi

All things considered, this fedora-list has become perhaps one of the best forums to learn Linux. Our sincere thanks to those who are gracious enough to donate their time answering questions that sometimes may seem ridiculous.

My question now is: From what I have read, it appears that if I want to do suspend to ram, I have to forgo acpi and use apm. Performance-wise, would anyone care to comment on the pros and cons of acpi vis-a-vis apm? Thanks again.