Mozilla and powerpoint files

I'm *almost* certain that in FC1 if Mozilla was pointed toward a power point file, an OpenOffice Impress window would open in Mozilla, the file would be loaded and you could do with it anything you could if the file was local and OpenOffice was opened as a stand-alone. It doesn't work that way with FC3 and I haven't found any discussion about it.

Specifically, http://schools.cbe.ab.ca/b628/Highest%20Bridge.pps will result in the OpenOffice window being opened but the slide show will not work. This is using Mozilla, epiphany or firefox browsers -- all mozilla based. However, if I open that URL in Konquerer, it works fine.

Can someone either confirm this or tell me I'm imagining things?
(Hey! Maybe I'm dizzy from imagining I'm on that bridge! :-))