Re: R: Audio on FC3

Piero wrote:
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
Per conto di soraberri
Inviato: mercoledì 29 dicembre 2004 15.18
A: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: Audio on FC3

Well, when I installed FC3 I found all the audio controls in the mute
position. Look in "Volume Control" to check it, have you checked it?

Yeah, I've checked all... another idea?
Thank you again,

Piero

There is a sound issue with the intel i810 sound cards. On some PC/Laptops the intel sound card will be detected, but the sound will not play. If you do a lsmod it will show the sound card modules loaded. There is a simple work around for this.

1. Patch your system up to current levels.
2. Edit the /etc/hotplug/blacklist and add this to end of file: snd-intel8x0m
3. Reboot your system. run alsamixer to check the sound levels.
4. This should solve the missing sound.

-- Wayne Leutwyler - CNA, RHCT http://linux.is-a-geek.net Columbus, OH. USA -- http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=1