Re: where does wget put its file [solved]

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 21:12, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 December 2004 01:52, david wrote:
>
> > thats the trouble i was at root when the download started and i cannt
> > find any files, by name, by size anywhere from root on down
> > got me
> > its downloading from ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/???????
> > so it should of created a folder called mirror.pacific.net.au
> > would this be correct?
> > but its still not there either.
> > it still downloading madly, i just hope its saving them somewhere
> > its actually all the files to make and iso from
> > havent found a repository for 64bit man 10.1
> > thanks
>
> Not to sound like a smartass, but:
>
> # pwd
>
> should tell you what directory your files are in.  Unless you specifically
> gave wget a destination folder to put files into, it should download them
> into your current working directory.  It would not have created a folder
> called mirror.pacific.net.au or whatever; it would have just put the files
> into the directory you're currently in.  When I used wget earlier today to
> get the gpg keys for the kde-redhat repository, the file was placed in my
> current working directory, no subdirectories created or anything like that.
>
> --
> Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
> AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com
> "You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus."
> -Mark Twain

they are in /root hence any searches couldnt find them
it has created all the file structures and everything is there
mirror.pacific.net.au/????/???/?/?????
ill have to do everything from root now to create the iso
sorry to have stolen your time
thanks for your help
david