Re: This dog won't hunt: ( No Joy ) cd drive mounting

Mark Weaver wrote:
Osmo Laitinen wrote:

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 06:20:56PM +0200, Osmo Laitinen wrote:

Did you update the kernel also? Naturally you won't have need for smp
kernel unless you hardware can benefit that (as HT intel and multicpu
machines), but you could try the latest normal dev kernel (which seem
to be kernel-2.6.9-1.1049_FC4 at the moment).
Since my automount problem did require that updated kernel (which, by
the way, broke my vpn-client... not good), you might need it also.

Or you could try with kernel found from:
http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/RPMS.kernel/
Those alse fixed my automounting and also vpn-client is working again,
nice.
And those kernels has gpg signatures which is very good.

Hi Osma,

thanks for the info... I'm downloading the kernel now. I'll install it and post back how I made out.

holy hanna!!! this dog won't hunt either. At least until I figure out why I'm getting kernel panic when I attempt to boot the kernel. The message said something about some drivers that it couldn't load. Next time I reboot I'll copy down the message and post it back to the list.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."