Re: phpMyAdmin gotcha for MySQL 4 users

Kenneth Porter a écrit :
I upgraded PHP on my Fedora Linux server to 4.3.10 due to the recent security issue and phpMyAdmin stopped working. I realized after lots of debugging that I'd previously custom-compiled PHP to match my custom upgrade of MySQL to 4.1.7 from Fedora's development branch. When I let
yum install the pre-built PHP update binary, it had the old MySQL
libraries so it couldn't talk to the newer MySQL with the different
character set support. >
I think, if you want to work with devel package, you should use the mysql-*-4.1.7 and mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4 (i'm used to 'rebuild' the i386.rpm from the src.rpm find in devel branch). Rebuild the 2 and install all the RPM at the same time (because of dependencies)

The first provide the libmysqlclient.so.14 and the second provide libmysqlclient.so.10 use by other "official" packages (perl-DBI and php-mysql for example).

Remi.