Re: grub hard disk error

zomorf wrote:

Running a 2 HD system XP on the hda 80g

tried too install fedora on a 40 gig hdb when installation was complete it came up with the error of grub hard disk error the only way i could fix it was too reload xp from cd then do a recovery session and the only thing that worked was FIXMBR in this session... After this I could again load my xp so what could have gone wrong with installing fedora? I used automatic install for partitioning anyone got any ideas?

xp is C: drive and fedora will be the D: drive hdb...

afair:
grub harddisk error = wrong disk geometry

please check your bios-settings

i had a similiar problem (no_dualboot, no_raid) with a promise-tx2000 raid-controller (pci).

"hde" (boot-device) + "hdg" was unfortunately configured as raid1-array in the controller-bios
and grub could not boot after the installation = "grub harddisk error"

with both disks as 2 seperate arrays (controller bios) all was ok an i could boot fedora.

--
shrek-m