Re: Is THIS VNC?

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:52:24 -0500, Ryan D'Baisse
<ryan.dbaisse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My goal is to use Gnome and have the same GUI that I'm used to on my
> desktop.  I edited the "./vnc/xstartup" file on the server.  There
> were two lines that said something like "For a normal desktop
> uncomment the following two lines."  I did that, but nothing.  I did
> not see anything in there to start Gnome however.

Aaah, I just found my problem.  After I configured the file, I
restated the SESSION and not the SERVER.  Once I restarted the
vncserver it worked perfectly.  I'm now happily futzing around on FC3
with Gnome via my FC2 laptop.

Thanks, guys, for helping out.

Thanx,
Ryan