Re: system-config-network not working (FC3)

Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) wrote:
Configuration Wizard (or a similar name) under System Tools.

Thanks for the response. I did find "configuration editor" under system tools, but that did not help me in setting up "locale." I also found "Internet Configuration Wizard" but that died just like "system-config-network" did. I'm not sure, but isn't that just the menu link to "system-config-network"? In any event, it won't run, probably due to the fact that my "locale" is improperly configured.

Issuing the command "locale" as root gives the following output.
[code]
[root@eunix ~]# locale
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
[root@eunix ~]#
[/code]

I think that until I correct that, I will not be able to use those network configuration tools.

Try editing /etc/sysconfig/i18n and make sure it contains these lines:

	LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
	SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
	SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Then reboot.  That should set you back to the default English locale.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-    Working with Linux is like wrestling with a worthy opponent.    -
-   Working with Windows is like picking on an annoyed child with a  -
-                            loaded handgun.                         -