Re: Glibc upgrade causing program crashes

Kevin wrote:
Had a problem when updating glibc libraries last week and wondered if
anyone could help out.

This is highly unlikely a glibc issue. Especially since it works for others.

$ evolution
evolution: error while loading shared libraries: libecal.so.6: cannot

$ hydrogen
hydrogen: error while loading shared libraries: libsndfile.so.1:

Well, try to debug it. First, run ldconfig as root again, Then, for instance, run

  LD_DEBUG=files,libs hydrogen

This will well you where the dynamic linker is trying to look. If this all fails, look for the files by hand. I don't know where these files are supposed to be installed. I guess /usr/lib (or usr/lib64 on 64-bit hardware). So, check they are there and check they are OK. The latter you can do by running ldd on the DSOs.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â