Re: 2GB limit on samba and nfs?

The only 4GB limit I am aware of is using vfat and is a limitation of
fat32. As was previously reported SMB has a 2GB limit. Ext2 and Ext3
can all have files larger than 4GB.

As for FTP, I have heard of some windows clients that can't handle
more than 4GB, but the standard linux ones can or we would not be
able to download the 4.7 GB DVD images.