Reseting and Redetecting pcmcia devices

I'm facing following problem. My laptop runs Fedora Core 2 and I'm using
it at two places with two different types of internet connections. At
home I have USB cable modem, which is without any problem detected and
mapped on eth0. This runs without any problem till I get to work where
I'm using my pcmcia card. At first while booting Kudzu asks me to remove
USBnet, ok, I don't want this cos I would like to keep my home
configuration. But Kudzu doesn't detect my ethernet card. The card is
realtek compactible and I can see it present in lspci. But when I add
the driver in system-config-network it still tries to start eth0, so the
USBnet driver and not the eth1 pcmcia driver. Even when it is set to use
eth1! So I have to remove USBnet driver, change pcmcia card from eth1 to
eth0 and it works. What am I doing wrong?

--
RAT <rat@xxxxxxxxxx>