Re: Problem with esound daemon (esd)

Am So, den 26.12.2004 schrieb Rob Shinn um 20:30:

> FC3 detected my sound card as using the snd-intel8x0 driver, which has
> worked fine for me in the past.  The output for the card detection test
> was flawless. Output via ALSA and OSS work flawlessly as well.  But any
> sounds output through ESD get garbled and 'staticky' sounding.

Same experience after an upgrade FC2>FC3.

I reinstalled FC2, because I am using this box as radio as well. Everything is fine now.

> This didn't happen on Gentoo, my last distro. (I'm a recent
> convert/Gentoo refugee...Gentoo was just getting too hairy to maintain
> given my schedule)

I suppose you have done a fresh install.

> Anyone got a clue?

Is ist the driver? I use the same snd-intel8x0 driver and works
flawlessly under FC2.

But nobody else seems to have this problem. Or are so few people using
Fedora as multimedia box?

Regards
Markus