issues with SATA hard drives

I am trying to install FC 3 on a dell dimension 8400
PC. The mother board comes with 4 port SATA interface.
There are two hard drives currently installed, one
with win XP and the other one is for installing linux.
When I boot up with windows, both the drives seem to
be working fine.

Seems that the linux installation will not recognize
both of the drives.

The SATA controller is Intel 82801FR SATA AHCI
Controller

Has any one had similar issues before? Any help will
be greatly appreciated

Thanks