Re: slapd configuration problem

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
Gianluca Sforna wrote:

anyway, I am wondering why I can not find ANYWHERE on the net, neither
on RHEL manuals, a simple howto for configuring this. I mean,
configuring LDAP and building a simple directory for users data is not
so hard after all, but it takes quite a long time if you have to dig
the net at every step.

I believe it is somewhere in the docs (first access line that match is taken, no further access lines are processed). Gerald Carter's LDAP System Administration (published by O'Reilly) is also a nice introductory read.

As a newbie LDAP admin, I share your frustration. The documentation isn't the best in the world. The Openldap mailing lists can be helpful if you ask the right questions.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer