Re: Offtopic: Export emails from Outlook Express

Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 03:17:29PM -0600-i dÃtummal Ed Wilts, RHCE ezt Ãrta:
> On 12/18/2004 02:06 PM, Bob Hartung wrote:
> >Okay I admit defeat.
>
> Never!  You're only *temporarily* stumped.
>
> >I have finally talked my wife into trying Fedora. I have managed to get
> >her address boot successfully transfered.  Even after reading many, many
> >postings re: export mail from Outlook Express, I still cannot get it
> >into a format than I can read in.
> >
> >Can someone give me a link to a method, freeware etc. that will let me
> >export form OE and then move the files to Linux for importation?
>
> My approach would be to put all the messages on an imap server (your
> Fedora system will work!).  Then simply drag & drop from the OE local
> mail spool to the IMAP server.  Fire up your Thunderbird client (or
> whatever), point it at your IMAP server, and there are your messages.
>
> The address book was the hard part - congratulations!

KMail is the easy way: You just save your files from OE and start the
Import function of KMail. I think, Address Book import is also easy with
KMail.

Regards,
--
Anca Tibor-Attila