Re: HEEEEEELLLLPPPP !!! New to Unix ....

El jue, 16-12-2004 a las 10:07 -0500, baytimur escribió:
> I resisted the call of Unix all these years, but now I am bored with
> everything, and that left Linux/Fedora to play with ....
> Can somebody help me get my wireless card working please so I can switch
> over to Fedora and start learning ? I am hunting for a linux for total
> morons book for people like myself in the meantime. But that book is not
> going to help me get that card working ...

Welcome to the list. READ:

- You DO NOT reply a message and just change the subject. Your messaje
will be organized as a reply to the other. Thats called stealing a
thread. You WRITE A NEW messaje with a descriptive subject to the list
address, so all people will see it.

- There are some books "for morons", but are for morons, you do need
that. The main starters linux documentation are called HOWTOs. Check the
wireless Howto.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Wireless-HOWTO.html

- If you need to learn more about linux, check the howtos

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html

You can start with the howto-index, the metafaq, config-howto, dos/win
to linux howto, installation-howto.

Can check also

http://www.fedorafaq.org/

--