Re: Private Fedora repository

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Bernd Radinger wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:54:43 -0500, Frank <FIR@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've tried searching for the answer to this question, but "Mirror" and
> > "Repository" are pretty commonly used words around here.
> >
> > I'd like to setup a private repository for personal use.  I have several
> > machines on a network served by a satellite connection which places a
> > pretty low limit on what I can download before I get throttled.  Because
> > of that, updating a newly installed FC3 machine already takes days and
> > much effort.
> >
> > I'd like to have one of the machines maintain a repository of all
> > updates and then point the others machines at this local repository.
> > This will be good for me, and good for the public mirrors as well.
> >
> > Can anyone point me to directions for how to do this?
>
> ``yum'' and ``createrepo'' manual pages as well as your preferred
> mirroring tool, eg lftp or rsync

You may want to look into Yam. It automates most of what is needed and
standardizes the setup for private repositories. You also have the
opportunity to add your own packages.

More information at:

	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/

Any feedback or problem reports will help improve the documentation.

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --