Configuring Evolution

> 1) Is Evolution supposed to fetch mail when it is opened? (e.g.
Outlook
> Express and Thunderbird do).

"On my system it does, but I use Evolution with an IMAP server, not POP.
I just tested using POP and it does not seem to check at start.  I think
that's a problem, too.

I think you've found a legit bug.  I think the workaround is to simply
hit F9 when you start Evo and set your mail retrieval interval to
something reasonably short (like 5 minutes or so)"

**I have been using exactly that workaround for a couple of years. I'll
stay with it.**

"but I might just not understand what you need."

**What I needed at this point was someone somewhere to respond and let
me know I wasn't going nuts or completely incompetent.  Thank you
Thomas.**

"Actually, I almost passed by your posting because it was so long.  I
don't know about others on this list but I have a pretty short attention
span.  :-)"

**I don't usually write long messages, but if you follow the plot line
you can see that it stared out as a simple query.**

**The personalized printouts can be solved another day.**

Thanks again Thomas,

Sincerely Bill