Re: Recommend wireless card

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Joel Jaeggli wrote:

The other approach I've had good success with is the the ethernet client
adapters (for non-mobile applications)... Thatt of course requires no
drivers at all on the connected machine (you do need ethernet). because of
the prevalence of tivo's and game consoles these things have been getting
more common and cheaper.

Can you recommend such an adaptor?

I use a Linksys WRT54G. It can do everything wireless, though it is bigger than a dongle.
It runs linux internally, and there are multiple third party distros for it.
I use the GPL Sveasoft disto in client mode.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=33-124-010&depa=0