Re: SIS Ethernet Controller - AMD64 - Not recognised

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:17:34 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 23:06, Richard Warburton wrote:

Motherboard: K8S-MX
Processor: AMD 64bit 3000+
LAN: SIS 191/190 MAC + Realtek RTL8201CL 10/100 LAN PHY

Can anyone direct me to the necessary drivers and install information
for the onboard lan in FC3?

Many thanks.

I had a problem many months ago with FC2 and an on board ethernet port. To resolve that problem I had to disable plug and play in the bios. Not
sure that is the same problem you are having but it sounds very
similar. Everything else seemed to load correctly.

Thanks for your input Scot. Unfortunately, Plug and Play was disabled to start with and after much frustration I turned it on. I will turn it off again and see if it makes a difference, but I'm not holding my breath. The Lan is turned on in the bios as well. I could be wrong (and someone please correct me), but I don't think there is support for the SIS 191/190 LAN in the stock fedora. I thought I would try adding eth0 manually (well, system-config-network-druid), but I didn't see a matching driver.

I'm still going to tinker with the bios more anyway. If it works out - I'll owe you one Scot.

Cheers.