Re: Corrupted Drive

hmm, what arrays are you using? It seems "more than common" with both Sun arrays and LSI (or IBM re-badged) arrays.

Anyone else have experiences, good or bad?

--Harry

Ben Steeves wrote:
I work in a data centre; it's exceedingly rare for more than a single
disk in an array to fail at a given time.  That being said, I have
seen situations where a single disk in a RAID 5 array has failed, and
when the disk was replaced, another disk failed due to the age of the
disk and the increased load caused by the resync operation.  That's
why backups are important.