Re: Auto-Mounting and Unmounting CDs, DVDs, USB drives etc.

fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Fedora List,

When I show off my brand new FC3 system to Windows-centric friends, we invariably get to a point where they'd like to see me open a Windows Media File, or a MS Word Document. I'm proud that Xine and OpenOffice can do that, only to be embarassed when my computer won't return the CD they've given me the files on. ....

This isn't limited to Linux. I've had the same "problem" occasionally in Windows. The solution there was the same as it is in Linux. Use software to eject the CD. The eject command or context-menu option in a GUI.

Personally, I've always found that way more convenient anyway.