Re: Sound Not working still with Fedora...

Lane Inman wrote:
I only see:

SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack...

I turn it off...
  It still does not work...

-Lane
On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 15:30 -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 01:21:08PM -0800, Lane Inman wrote:

Okay;
 I sent this before and got detoured, but it is a very annoying
problem.  Please read the description as each time I post the question,
I get the same answers (none of which have gotten my sound card to
work):

1) soundconfig does not work - it says the card is detected, and when it
"plays" a test sound I get nothing.
2) then gnome-alsa sound mixer does not improve it either

Find the control for digital/analog conversion. Turn it off. My system with the same card had it turned on (as shown in the kde mixer).

What is the module name for your sound card. example for mine is: snd-intel8x0

Once you have that information then go to /etc/hotplug/blacklist add the following two lines at the end of the file:

# sound card
snd-intel8x0m (remove my sound card and replace it with yours. note the m on the end, please make sure you put that on yours)

Now save that file and reboot the system. This is how I got my sound to work. Yes I know its a differnent card, but the symptoms sound the same.

Once you reboot check your sound levels with alsamixer and then test.

Wayne