Re: How install Java JRE on FC3?

Hardy Merrill schrieb:
--- Jim Higson <jh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Friday 03 Dec 2004 12:24, Hardy Merrill wrote:

My goal last night was to get JEdit installed and
working.

This required Java, so I tried a few different

ways to

install Java. First I downloaded Sun's JRE SE

1.4.2.

The install seemed to go fine, but in the end I

would

get an error when trying to run JEdit - sorry, I

don't

have the text of the error to copy/paste in.

Then I went to fedorafaq.org and found

instructions

for installing Java via yum, so I did

  yum install j2re

which installed j2re from "dag" since I have a dag
repo defined.  But still when I try to run jedit I

get

an error.

Which is...?

Sorry, like I said I'm not on that FC3 machine now so
I don't have the error messages handy - I should have
waited 'till tonight to post :-/

At this point I don't know if it's a problem with Java
or a problem with JEdit, but I was at least hoping to
get a response or two from people who successfully
installed *a* JRE and used a Java application, with a
pointer to some instructions.

I want to know if the "dag" repo JRE works fine for
others.

Thanks.

Hardy