Can timidity replace /dev/sequencer for all MIDI playback?

I have installed timidity++ from Freshrpms.net for Fedora Core 3. It works very well, playing my MIDIs to the AC97-type soundcard.

Since my soundcard doesn't have MIDI support by default, I would like to know how to make timidity play all MIDIs. Perhaprs, musical software like Rosegarden or NoteEdit can play MIDIs through timidity.

But what about Wine? It seems to play MIDIs through /dev/sequencer or something like that? Can I route all MIDI usage from Wine and things like that through timidity?

Thanks,
Timothy.