Re: Fedora Extras is extra

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:20 -0800, Mike Ramirez wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:10, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > .  Explain to us (atleast me) what makes your way
> > > better than all the other repos?
> >

> > look. the whole discussion has turned non productive. Fedora extras is
> > said to be announced in a short while.. after that has been created
> > there will be a fresh oppurtunity to start from scratch till then
> > please drop this bickering
> >
> I have heard dags side from dag himself, the technical answer.
I haven't heard such thing from Dag. I saw Dag and me talking past each
other, and I saw Axel, Michael and Dag agitating.

> I haven't heard from fedora.us on why its process is better,
Fedora.US isn't any better or worse than Dag, Axel or Freshrpms.

It is one party amongst them and many others more. It's your choice to
use the repository you prefer and feel comfortable with.

Fedora.Extras shall be run by RH and will primarily be derived from
packages now being part of Fedora.US and other repositories.

To reiterate http://fedora.redhat.com:
-- begin of citation ---
The Red Hat Linux Project, as this used to be called, is merging with
the Fedora Linux project (http://www.fedora.us). We had so many common
goals that to work apart would be a waste of effort. We have months of
effort before we can have a unified infrastructure, so we still have two
different web sites, two sets of documentation, and so forth, but we
will be unifying our work over time. Red Hat would like to thank Fedora
Linux project developers for proposing the merger and committing time to
making the merger a reality.
-- end of citation --

> All I hear is that fedora.us wants it one way and the rest do it
> another.  And that they reject anyone else.  Thats what has come across
> to me besides a war of words.

Forget about these discussions and those who prefer to hang on to the
past. These discussions are moot. RH and others currently are merging
those packages from Fedora.US and from some other sites into what is
supposed to become Fedora.Extras.

It's up to the users to decide on using Fedora.Extra or not.

Ralf