Kernel 2.6 and xcdroast

Has  any one figured  the problem between the Kernel and xcdroast?
According  to the xcdroast.org web site, there is a problem between
kernel 2.6 and xcdroast. I found this out after I upgraded FC2, I
wasn't able to write to any Cd's or dvd's. I almost bought another
CD/DVD writer, thinking that this was the problem. But after checking
the <http://www.xcdroast.org> website  and re-installing FC1,  I can
now use my CD/DVD  recorder.  Means that I can now save Fedora Core 3
to disks.

Jay Scherrer