Re: Fedora Extras is extra

Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:

Mandag 29 november 2004 03:05 skrev Dag Wieers:

For me there's no reason to be incompatible. In fact, by being
incompatible my users are indirectly harmed as they are inable t use
fedora.us or livna.org. (Mind you, if you stay away from these
incompatible packages, you won't notice this).

This really makes me happy. I am using kde-redhat, dag and freshrpms, and it seems to work wondefully, there was a tiny issue with redhat-menus recently but that was solved very quickly. The only problem is that you have to repeat this on this list every so often so that people will know what kind of mixing to avoid

I use both Planet CCRMA and FreshRPMs for a year and a half. I've only had one legitimate conflict (it was last week), and I told Fernando at Planet and he's on it; but I don't think it actually ever prevented me from installing or running any other software, it just kept me from updating that particular package. He has also been working to coordinate with Matthias at FreshRPMs.

----
Peace,
William