Re: Coldfusion MX Installer problem

Stormblaze wrote:
I downloaded the trial for coldfusion mx. When I was running Redhat 8
this installed and ran just fine. With fedora I had issues. I got
errors about corruption and about the uncompress command not being
found. I took care of the latter by creating a soft link to gunzip.

I would install the package ncompress, which contains the file
uncompress. See if that helps.

Didn't work. Although it's nice to have that command back. I'd made a
symbolic link to gunzip since I didn't find that command and couldn't
remember which package it was in. But I deleted the link, installed
ncompress and tried to install it again and still it wouldn't work.

Did it give the same error? Otherwise it may be a corrupted file. The error complains about not being able to uncompress vm.tar.Z. Can you unpack it manually?

Any other ideas?

Not that many :(

I've heard of people running it on Fedora Core 3 I
just wish they'd tell me how they got it to install.

I'm not running it, so I can't tell you if it's possible or not.

--
Regards,

André