odd behaviour with kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2

I know that the problem with "power down. ->acpi_power_off called.-> just hangs" with the new kernel has been mentioned already.... This occurred with my system so I had to put acpi=off in my grub.conf and then shut off the computer manually. But the really odd part comes when I start the system back up again. When I turn on the computer I get the usual "HP invent" splash screen, since my computer happen to be an HP :), but then it just hangs there and does not go into grub. I can force it by doing Crtl-Alt-Del and after that the "HP invent" splash comes up again and it goes on the grub as it should and the rest of the boot continues as usual. Has they happened with anyone else? Is there something I can do to fix it?

H. Dox