Re: Apache and PHP

Michael A. Peters wrote:

On 11/26/2004 08:00:42 PM, Danesh Daroui wrote:

Now my problem is that I can
not connect to MySQL databases throught PHP and the error maesage is: Can connect through socket...

Is MySQL configured to accept connections?
If not - it would refuse the connection attempt from php resulting in the error you gave.

Also - does phpinfo() show MySQL support?
Finally - your MySQL version has to match what the php module was linked against - IE if you are running MySQL 4 but php was linked against MySQL 3 you will have problems.

Well I think so. I can connect to MySQL server locally and remotely without any problem, so I think it accepts connections. Am I almost sure. Yes, phpinfo() shows that MySQL is enable. Ummm, no. The MySQL Server version is 4.1 but the MySQL version which PHP used (Based on phpinfo()) is version 3.23 but I think they should work, because as I said I have interpreted my pgp script from command line PHP interpreter and it connects successfuly. The problem is that I can not connect through Apache Web Server. I think here is something wrong with my Apache configuration, don't you think ?