Re: nvidia drivers + system reboot

Patrick Steiner wrote:
hi,

my next fc3 problem :-(. every time i reboot my system i have to install my nvidia drivers new. before i thought this i because i had a new kernel, but this time i bootet the same kernel :-(.

any idea?

There is a fix for this in the archives. It involves installing the nvidia driver, and then before booting into init 5 you must do the following.

Assuming the nvidia module is loaded already:

cp /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices/

And you're finished. Now after reboot it works wonderful. That's just me though. YMMV

Alex