Re: FC3: does Apache-2.0.52 have LFS (large file support) built-in?

Patrick wrote:

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 06:40 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
[snip]

How are the vendors and mirrors doing it?
I downloaded fedora-dvd a couple of weeks ago; I probably used rsync but not al mirrors support that.

Good question John. I checked all the US Fedora http mirrors listed on
fedora.redhat.com to see what they provided. Only 3 sites provide the
DVD image via http:

1) driven by tux and reports the DVD iso as 2GB (which is wrong)

If you mean EXACTLY 2Gb, then fair enough, but I downloaded the DVD ISO from an Australian mirror which is 2,408,604 big. This IS correct, because it MD5Summed, Media Checked and installed just fine.

Don't forget they've removed the sources.

Regards,
Ed.

2) driven by apache-1.3.27 and does not report the size at all
3) driven by ? and reports the right size afaict

I think this answers the question. Hardly anybody is serving files >2GB
via http. Probably because currently Apache can't do it and it has an
enormous market share. Nevertheless I would love to see Apache support

4GB files.

Regards,
Patrick