Re: Can't install Thunderbird in FC3 - (Newbie)

Richard Ihnatowicz wrote:

 OK problem solved :-) A fresh install and everything showed up as it
 should. I downloaded Thunderbird 9 and it installed as it claimed
 would. The only quirk now is that even though I reformatted the disk
 it thinks my computer is called KnoppMyth and I had to amend the
 hosts file to stop it whinging - any ideas about that??

So you downloaded the binary from Mozilla? Did you install it over Thunderbird 0.8 or did you do a fresh install?

It would be nice if Fedora would update Thunderbird to 0.9. Of course, by the time they do 1.0 will be out...