Re: Coldfusion MX Installer problem

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:49:47 -0500, Stormblaze <stormblaze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I downloaded the trial for coldfusion mx. When I was running Redhat 8
> this installed and ran just fine. With fedora I had issues. I got
> errors about corruption and about the uncompress command not being
> found. I took care of the latter by creating a soft link to gunzip.
> Not sure if that is a perfect solution.
>
> But now I get this:
>
> -===-=-=-=-
> Preparing to install...
> tail: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
> Try `tail --help' for more information.
> ./coldfusion-61-lin.bin: line 329: [: `)' expected, found -z
> WARNING! The amount of /tmp disk space required and/or available
> could not be determined.  The installation will be attempted anyway.
> Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
> Unpacking the JRE...
>
> gzip: /tmp/install.dir.8405/Linux/resource/vm.tar.Z: corrupt input.
> Use zcat to recover some data.
>
> uncompress: /tmp/install.dir.8405/Linux/resource/vm.tar.Z: corrupt
> input. Use zcat to recover some data.
>
> gzip: /tmp/install.dir.8405/Linux/resource/vm.tar.Z: corrupt input.
> Use zcat to recover some data.
> The included VM could not be uncompressed (GZIP/UNCOMPRESS). Please try to
> download the installer again and make sure that you download using 'binary'
> mode.  Please do not attempt to install this currently downloaded copy.
> ==-=-=-=-
>
> Any help solving this would be most appreciative.
>
> --
> "We should have a way of telling people they have bad breath without
> hurting their feelings. Like: Well I'm bored. Let's go brush our
> teeth. Or, I've got to make a phone call...hold this gum in your
> mouth.

Anyone? Please help me with this. I tried the coldfusion forums and
also asked coldfusion support. All I got was the pat answer that
Fedora Core isn't one of the recommended OSes. But I know people have
Coldfusion MX running on Fedora Core. So if you or someone you know
has gotten it running, please help me with this.