Re: Issue with removing (disabling) a sound chip

> > My question at this point is: what the best way to clean out the
> > apparently messed up alsa configuration files and/or trick FC3 into
> > treating the system as if the built in sound card was never there?

> 1. delete all soundcard related entries from /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
>
> 2. delete all sound related entries from /etc/modprobe.conf

Thanks for the help. This was 2/3 of what I needed to do. In addition
to the above steps, I found it was also necessary to delete
/etc/asound.conf. This file is created by system-config-soundcard used
to specify which one of multiple sound cards you wish to use by
default but, if you only have one card, it's not needed.

Thanks again,
Jonathan