Re: Sound lost when KDE is installed (FC2)

Peter Zubaj wrote:

Lots, lots and lots of people have had the same problem. It may be

time

for the developers to consider changing the default volume settings

This is not problem of default settings, this is problem of KMix. It touches volumes it should't (one of it is Analog/Digital switch).

http://www.pobox.sk/ - najvacsi slovensky freemail

I'm not so sure of that. I've seen the same problem with people using other mixers, as un der gnome, and the solution is always the same: max out all the volume settings. On the other hand, all seems to be ok when you use Knoppix. The difference is that knoppix uses by defauls OSS drivers, while Fedora seems to prefer ALSA drivers. So, I believe the problem is in the ALSA drivers.

*Gustavo Seabra* <http://www.ksu.edu/chem/personnel/faculty/grad/jvo/ortiz/people_seabra.html> - Graduate Student
E-Mail: seabra@xxxxxxx <mailto:seabra@xxxxxxx>
Phone: (785) 532-6072 Chemistry Department <http://www.ksu.edu/chem/>
Kansas State University <http://www.ksu.edu>