Re: X Applications from remote system

Patrick,

No sorry I meant by exporting the DISPLAY on the remote host and using xhost on the local host. In some release in the past a bit extra security was configured which stopped this by default, nd now I can't remember what it is.

Thanks,

Neil.

Patrick Boutilier wrote:

Neil Marjoram wrote:

Help!

Sorry I know it was posted sometime ago but I just can't find it anywhere, can someone kindly tell me how I set up X to accept remote X applications. I can remember a change in a release sometime ago which I implemented, but I forgot about it when I upgraded. Now I can't find it anywhere.

Do you mean through ssh? If so:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/

Many thanks,

Neil.

-- Neil Marjoram Systems Manager Adastral Park Campus University College London Ross Building Adastral Park Martlesham Heath Ipswich - Suffolk IP5 3RE

Tel: 01473 663711
Fax: 01473 635199