FC3 - USB - Ethernet device (gumstix)

Title: FC3 - USB - Ethernet device (gumstix)

Im new to Linux, and have installed FC3.  I am trying to connect a gumstix (sbc running Linux and yes about the size of a piece of chewing gum) to my FC3 system.  The gumstix has a usb connection and works as an Ethernet device like a pda.

I plug the usb connection in, and FC3 recognises a device which appears as System device in the hardware browser, with manufacturer

Linux 2.6.9-1.681_FC3smp echi_hcd.

There are entries in

/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.1/usb3/3-1

showing the vendor id, product id & manufacturer fine.

What I need to do is to enable this device as a network device and then bridge it to my Ethernet card to pick up an IP address and be usable as a networked device.

Can anyone direct me to a set of instructions on how to do this please.

Thanks - Steve