Re: LCD screen resolution problem

Satish wrote:

> You have to click the '>' key on the left of 'Generic LCD' and this
> expends the menu into individual resolution options. Then you can
> selet the correct resolution for the LCD display.
>
> Perhaps this is the problem?

Yes, that's it! I can select the Dell 1024x768 option, and it works fine.

Just when you think it's foolproof, somebody invents a better fool...:)

But seriously, there's a user interface issue here. There's no hint that the
options are drop-down lists, and double-clicking on the option itself has
no effect. If the > symbol had been a 'down arrow', I maybe would have tried it.

I'm a very experienced W*nd*ws user, and write user interfaces for my own
software, so if I can have this kind of problem, anybody else can too.

Thanks everyone for your efforts in sorting me out.

Tom