Re: FC3: Mesa and 'nvidia' driver

On Tuesday 23 Nov 2004 14:13, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> > I find this interesting, I have never had to remove *any* libGL rpm to
> > get nvidia's driver to run on my system rh8/fc1/2 and the driver seems to
> > do a good job backing up the original libGL files..
>
> Indeed the nvidia driver install in the past (and presumably now too)
> did(does) a good job of removing/backing up the original libGl files.
>
> But I asked the question because I seem to remember that about
> a year (or longer ?) ago (FC1/FC2) there were problems with this and
> advice was given on the lists to first remove the original libGl files
> first.

You did thats right, but I was curious as to why I had *never* had to remove
Mesa-libGL, from my early Redhat 8 days and now FC2
For a test today I started from scratch and the nVidia installer never
complained at all tested with 6111 and 6629.

I will scan the archives on this subj as it interests me.

> (But now I have 'ugly' font rendering with the nv driver on an
>  LCD DVI flatpanel and I would like to see if the nvidia driver does
> any better).

I guess that question is for a new Thread ;)

Cheers,

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.9-ck3
KDE-Redhat-3.3.1-4.1.2.kde