Re: weird time stuff in FC3

linux r wrote:

Atlantic/South Georgia is the country not the state.  Look for America/*
that is closest to you.

Matthew E. Lauterbach

Right, I tried changing that to the Dawsons creek one and it made no
differrence.

That selection is not available on my system using FC2, but America/New_York is. Can you try that one?

Tried to go into the System Settings and change it.  It showed  approx.
11:05 pm in the System Settings, but still has a weird time set on the
desktop. Inside the GUI it says 11 pm but the characters say 01:00
am.  Meanwhile the desktop now says 09:06.

And another weird thing - FC3 has a little 3, my character 3 has never
been this tiny.  Don't know where that came from but it is definitely
new.

Sounds like the language setting has changed too. Try running system-config-language and see what language your system is set to. Sounds like something happened to your setup. Did you do a forced powerdown (powering the system down without going through shutdown)?

--

James McKenzie
jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx