Re: Help installing Fedora3 on dell lap top please

Am So, den 21.11.2004 schrieb bryan2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx um 3:02:

> I am trying to install fedora 3 on an old Dell Inspiron 5000. The
> graphic install seems to work without any problems untill it gets to
> the point of rebooting the system. After the reboot, when system
> should be showing a login screen (or going on to more graphic install)
> the screen goes completely blank. The hard drive appears to be active
> but the screen stays blank. I tried different key command to switch to
> a text mode but nothing seems to work.

> Bryan

You did read the mail from over the last 2 weeks? Not all of them, of
course, just the reports about equal issues. You should.

Btw. there are update packages available you should install, especially
the udev and rhgb package. In the next days there will be too a new
kernel which is actually in updates-testing.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:32:46 up 22:20, 16 users, 0.39, 0.62, 0.53