[OT] Re: List etiquette question

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 13:53 -0500, John Burton wrote:

*Requiring* people to "trim" and "bottom-post" before you respond to them is a bit like *requiring* them to get a sheet of parchment and India ink and write it out long hand. You can do it if you want, but you risk being viewed as intolerant and focused on "form" over "content".

People can view my opinions any way they want. However, I thought I made
it very clear that I prefer trimmed, bottom-posted messages *on mailing
lists* because they are a superior format for those fora, and also
because those fora *currently* make it their preferred format. Hence,
more appropriate, more useful, and currently the local custom are my
arguments. I have never said old is good just 'cause it's old.

My other point was that I will help those who make it easier for me to
help them, since my time is limited. Newbies without a clue I usually
attempt to both help and educate... people who respond "I don't give a
damn, I'll keep doing it my way and blast local custom" get zip.

Which part of that equates to India ink?

The part where this thread has turned into a hydra.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer