Re: DVD vs rescue CD

Carroll Grigsby wrote:

On Friday 12 November 2004 08:51 am, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Fr, den 12.11.2004 schrieb Jari.Marikainen@xxxxxx um 11:44:

I just burned the DVD image of FC3. Do I need to burn a rescue CD aswell
or can I use the DVD as a "rescue DVD" for FC3 if needed?

/jari

I never used the DVD as I have no DVD burner, but I would bet booting
with the DVD will offer you the rescue mode just like the CD1 does. The
rescue CD (no DVD for that) has some more tools for the purpose.

Alexander

I can't answer for FC3, but both the FC1 and FC2 DVDs have worked just fine in rescue mode for me.
-- cmg

If you can boot from the DVD, then you have access to the rescue portion of Fedora. When you get the boot: prompt type in 'linux rescue' and the disk will boot to the rescue program. I've used Install Disk 1 from FC2 for exactly that purpose.

James McKenzie