Re: FC3 mediacheck

I've had the same problem.

I downloaded the ISO images to this PC using Opera. Then ran md5sum, which
said everything I downloaded is OK.

Burned the images to CDs (which are recycled CD-RWs previously used for FC1)
using cdrecord just like I've done before. In my case, disk 1 passed media
check and all the others failed. They get to 99%, then there is a long delay,
then the fail message.

I then tried burning disk 2 onto an ordinary CD-R, which gave the same result.

Then tried booting this PC from FC3 disk 1, ran the media check, got the same
result.

Somebody else on my local LUG has CDs which pass the media check, so I've
asked how he burned them. Will be meeting at the Swindon Install Fest
tomorrow, so can talk about it then.

I might copy the ISOs over to my w98 partition in a short while, and try using
Nero to burn them, using the verification facility. I don't know how to do
this with cdrecord (if it can be done - I don't remember seeing anything
about it in the manual)