Re: Windows HD in FC3

Tim Gardner OP wrote:
> Is there a good HOWTO available for the new FC3 all-singing, all-
> dancing /etc/fstab (with HAL)?  I want to mount /dev/hda1 at boot
> (that's my Windows vfat volume on a dual boot system).  I tried copying
> the entry for the CDROM and when I did a
>
> # mount -a
>
> there it was.  But after I rebooted it had disappeared from /etc/fstab

To be honest, you *don't* want to do this with HAL: this is going to be
permanent. It's much easier to do it the boring, old-fashioned, static
way.

The word "noauto" in the options will stop it being mounted at boot.

This line works for me:
/dev/hda11 /media/data  vfat defaults,gid=501,dmask=2,fmask=113 0 0
and the only thing I did to change it for FC3 was to change the
mountpoint from /mnt/data (and I'm still forgetting that I've moved it!
Arrgh!)

501 should be the GID of a group allowed to write to the disk.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | To children ardent for some desperate glory,